Monday, July 10, 2006

I love to Boogie!

I had so much fun this weekend! On Saturday, eSuitor and I rented boogie boards and went to Huntington Beach to catch some waves. It was my first time to immerse myself in the Pacific Ocean, and all I can say is "hooray for wetsuits!". That water is chilly!!! And the waves are so strong. The first big one that rolled in totally knocked me over--the ponytail that looked so cute when I went into the water was knocked completely off kilter by one wave! Do the waves have no respect for the look I was going for??? ;) (This photo is not of us, but it gives you the idea.)

It took me a little while to get the timing of catching a wave, but once I got it down--SO MUCH FUN!!! It's like riding a rollercoaster! The wave just comes underneath you and carries you. It's like flying! Sometimes, it just kept going and going and took me almost all the way into shore. It was a blast, and kind of addicting. Once you catch a good wave, you want to go out and get another.

eSuitor is a surfer, and I suspect that Saturday's boogie adventure was part of a greater scheme to get me on a surf board. Kinda breaking me in easy. We'll have to see on that one...one step at a time. Poco a poco, as they say in Spain. I don't know if I'll be a surfer girl, but I definitely love to boogie!

4 comments:

Cherry said...

Cowabunga Dude!

Glad you had a good time in the waves.

Autumn's Mom said...

Sounds like fun! I'm am in awe of the ocean. It calls my name. But I have yet to set foot in it. I'm more of a beach sitting, boogie watching kind of girl. Great you got out there!!

The Cliff said...

You should surf...it was my favorite part of living in LA. It was a good release from auditions and acting stresses.

J said...

You're smart to wear a wetsuit! I tried bodysurfing in a bikini back in my misspent youth, and a very RUDE wave turned me upside down and deposited me head first onto the beach. Well, it was more like the area between my head and shoulder, where I landed. It also turned my bikini top all askew, and there I was, for all to see. I was in so much pain, I could not have cared less that the girls were hanging out there, let me tell you.

It's funny to remember, now, but boy, it hurt! Now I just swim in the ocean, and not too often, since the waves are rough, and COLD. :)