Friday, September 15, 2006

Butterfly in the Sky...

It's Friday, and I want to write about something fluffy and light. So I've decided to make this a Friday Five and write about...

Five Television Theme Songs that Make Me Want to Sing Along:

1.) Reading Rainbow - Did you guys ever watch this show? It is so cute. It has little kids giving reviews of their favorite books. And the theme song is well...a little inspiring. Check out these lyrics (slightly modified to not make it too long and repetitive):

Butterfly in the sky,
I can go twice as high!
Take a look,
It's in a book,
A Reading Rainbow!
I can go anywhere,
I can be anything,
Take a look,
It's in a book,
A Reading Rainbow!

2.) Friends - Who in my generation doesn't know the lyrics of this song by heart? They just make ya feel good!

3.) Silver Spoons - This song is really nothing special in itself, but I associate it with my sixth grade crush on Ricky Schroeder. 'Nuff said!

4.) Good Times - Ain't we lucky we got 'em?

5.) The Animaniacs - This was one of the most brilliant cartoons, and the opening theme song was nothing short of genius! My college roommate and I memorized it and would sing along every afternoon.

10 comments:

Autumn's Mom said...

We're Animaniacs!
We have pay-or-play contracts.
We're zany to the max
There's baloney in our slacks.
We're Animanie,
Totally insaney,
Dot : Here's the show's namey.
Animaniacs!


Love it. Happy friday Tracy!

Anonymous said...

Ah, memories. But I can say from many years of being your sister that I've heard you sing one song more than all of those. That's right, it's the classy, timeless theme song to the soap opera Another World. You are my way...to Another World...

Tracy said...

Oh, Jilly! You are so right! How could I forget the awesome theme song to "Another World".

Jilly and I would sing the song in harmony...we still do sometimes! LOL!

Tracy said...

Dot, your comment has made my day! I didn't even think about the fact that you and the Warner sister have the same name!!!

Happy Friday to you, too, sister!

AmberO at Sleeping is for Sissies said...

I will now have the Reading Rainbow song in my head all day. And I will like it!
:-) La da da dee dee daaaaaaah!

No seriously said...

Yakko, Wakko, and Dot. The Warner Brothers and a Warner sister.

Yes, my kids did watch the chicken chow meiny Animaniacs quite a few times.

Happy Friday.

J said...

OK, I'm showing my age here, but five theme show songs that would make me sing along are probably all from the 70s and early 80s:

Alice:
"Early to rise,
Early to bed,
And in between I cooked and cleaned and went outta my head..."
Ah, loved it.

One Day at a Time:
"This is it!
(This is it)
This is life,
The one you get,
So don't be showing off!"

Happy Days:
"One two three OClock, Four OClock Rock..."
How can you not sing along with that one?
And did you know that Joannie really DID love Chachie? I mean, maybe not LOVE, but they were in big time lust. Ooops!

The Brady Bunch:
"Here's the story,
Of a man named Brady..."
Why were they all alone, though? They had each other. And Alice. And Tiger. Hmmm.

The Jeffersons:
"Moving on Uuup
(moving on up)
To the East Side
To a De-LUX apartment,
In the sky-eye-eye"

LOVE IT. :) I almost want to swipe this for my blog, but my knowledge of sitcom songs fills me with too much shame. ;)

Tracy said...

You should do it, J!!!

The Cliff said...

You can't forget my top 5!!

1) Three's Company

2)The Jetsons

3)Saved By the Bell

4)Beverly Hillbillies

5) I have to say the Jeffersons

Howevere Reading Rainbow with Lavar Burton is one of the greatest all time PBS shows ever

Cherry said...

Swwwooooon. Ahh Ricky Schroeder. Oh how I loved it when he would grace the cover of my Teen Beat.