Thursday, May 10, 2007

en el medio del camino

When I lived in Spain, I was addicted to the Spanish take on American Idol. It was called "Operacion Triunfo". I was so happy to find the link to this video on YouTube. It features one of my favorites from the season. Her name is Beth and she sings a rockin' rendition of "En el Medio de Camino" here with Alejandro. She ended up placing second or third in the overall competition, but went on to record her own CD and represented the country of Spain in the Eurovision continent-wide competion that year. I love her dreds and her confidence.

Enjoy the video.

Adios!

3 comments:

Cherry said...

You mean cool things happen outside of America?

They both did really well. Far better then what I think our current contestants could do.

Anonymous said...

I liked that alot. Weird to hear something familiar with different words, though! You're right-- her dreds are cool.

Call me Katie said...

I love Beth! I was in Spain the summer after she won and love her CD!