Thursday, May 17, 2007

Some Questions from my Favorite Canadian Blogger!

Word Nerd at "Words...Thoughts...Nonsense" sent me the following questions for this interview meme. These were some deep questions, and I hope my answers do them justice!

Question: What are your three biggest accomplishments?

1. Going to acting school at The Neighborhood Playhouse in NYC. Those were some of the most important years of my life. I grew so much as a person and I really came alive to my passion for acting during that time. It was during those years that I had my first real boyfriend, and I don't think it's a cooincidence that it happened at the same time that I was really getting honest with who I was. I think that when you know yourself well, you are in a much healthier place to have healthy and successful relationships.

2. Living in Spain. I had a long-time desire to live overseas--specifically in Europe. My year living and working in Zaragoza was fulfilling on nearly every level. I'm so grateful to have had such a rich cross-cultural experience. My friends there are still very dear to me. Spain definitely left a mark on my heart.

3. My relationships with loved ones. For me, relationships are what makes the world go 'round. I am blessed to have a very close relationship with my family and some very dear friends. eSuitor and I also share a very close bond. I feel humbled and proud (can one feel both at once?) of these relationships, as they are essential to my journey through life.

Question: What is your favorite memory from childhood?

It's so hard to pick just one. I was blessed with a wonderful childhood full of love and fun times. So many great memories! Some of my most vivid impressions of childhood include climbing trees, playing softball with the Red Hots, and playing spy out in our backyard. Interesting that they were all outdoor activities, and now I'm much more of an indoor person. Hmm.

Question: If time, money and geography weren't obstacles, where would you live and why?

I think that right now, I would live right where I am. Of course, I could do without the traffic, and I would love for my family and friends to live much, much closer than they do. But the climate and career opportunities that come with life in LA are wonderful. Oh, and my sweetheart lives here, too!

Question: What do you LOVE about your future husband, eSuitor?

On my eHarmony profile, I said I was looking for a man with strong character and integrity, and that is just what I got! eSuitor is a man of his word. Very reliable. Extremely trustworthy. I also love that he is emotionally available. We have been very open with each other about who we are, and that kind of emotional intimacy is awesome. I thank him often for loving me so well. He truly wants me to flourish in my personal life and also in the context of our relationship. That kind of selfless love nourishes me deep in my soul. The one person that he loves more than me is God. And that is what I love the best. So much of who he is flows out of his relationship with God, and I wouldn't change that for the world.

Question: In what ways does your faith help you on a daily, montly and yearly basis? How do you think it makes a difference in the way that you live?

What a great question! It's so hard to answer this question without sounding cliche or overly religious. So I'll do my best here.

I would liken my faith to a long-term journey with my best Friend. I placed my faith in Jesus 22 years ago. When you've been in a relationship with someone that long, it's sometimes hard to remember what life was like without Him. Just like marriage or having a baby changes nearly everything and touches every aspect of your life, so does having a relationship with God. It is a magnificent thing to realize that the God of the universe is also my Friend. The God who rules Creation also rules my heart with His peace. The God who made the sun and moon and stars loves me dearly and acts on my behalf. I do not claim that my life is perfect...far from it! In my imperfection, I am dearly loved and I never walk this journey of life alone. So to answer your question, my faith is all about this relationship with Jesus which impacts every day of every week of every year of this journey.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I loved, loved LOVED those answers and LOVE that you wanted to participate in this process. I feel like I know ALOT more about you now because these are things that I would have asked you if we met face to face.

Thanks for being such a good sport about this...and thanks...for being you!

J said...

wow, two interviews in two days! Pretty darned good! Great questions, and great answers. :)

Tracy said...

Word Nerd,

That's what I liked about your questions. I thought "If I were meeting WN face-to-face, I have a feeling that these would be some of the things we'd talk about."

xo,
Starshine

ML said...

Your answers tell me what a very sweet person you are.