Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The James Lipton Meme

At the end of each interview on Inside the Actors' Studio, host James Lipton asks his guests the following questions (which he borrows from French talk show host Bernard Pivot):

What is your favorite word?  Love.

What is your least favorite word?  Rules.

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Seeing a live performance, worshipping God in song, a good chick flick.

What turns you off? Bullying, controlling people. Manipulators.

What is your favorite curse word?  The "f" word.  It feels appropriate to let it fly every once in a while.

What sound or noise do you love?  Norah Jones' music.  It relaxes me.

What sound or noise do you hate?  Alarm clocks.  Could any noise be more irritating?

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?  Magazine writer or linguist.

What profession would you not like to do?  Electrical engineer.  My brain is not wired that way.  (Pun intended.)

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? Well done, my good and faithful servant!  Welcome home, my dear daughter!  (Big bear hug and kisses on my cheeks.)  Let's take a walk along the crystal sea...you won't need sunscreen here!

Many thanks to Mrs. Blogoway for the inspiration for this meme.

5 comments:

Jennifer Disney said...

That was fun. I almost cried on the last one. :)

Mrs. G. said...

You are so much prettier than James Lipton. But I do love that show and I, too, occasionally let the "f" word fly, but, knock on wood, never in front of my kids.

Crystal Gable said...

Good one about the alarm clock.. why didn't I think of that? There's nothing worse.

I visited your hubbies site, too. He's adorable (and funny). Great combination.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Love those answers!
Several of them echo my own thoughts and sentiments.

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Autumn's Mom said...

Love it :) Funny I could hear his voice every time I read the question. Well done good and faithful servant!