Thursday, August 14, 2008

Lost in a Sea of Memorization / Type Casting

If you're wondering what I've been up to lately, I've had my head buried in my script, trying like crazy to get my lines memorized for this play. It's one of the hardest shows I've ever had to memorize, and I think it's because there are a lot of quick entrances and exits, so it feels kind of disjointed, rather than one continuous scene. However, it is coming together really well, and I think the show will be lots of fun!

In other acting news, I had an audition a couple of days ago for a commercial. The audition was at a casting warehouse that was holding several different auditions in their various studios. It was cool. I looked across the room, and outside one of the studios were about six or seven gorgeous Mediterranean-looking model types, all dressed to the nines in chic dresses. Outside another casting session were a bunch of people dressed as sports fans.

The area I was sitting in contained four redheads. It was a little funny being in a room with a bunch of redheads. I don't often have that experience, since we're only 4% of the world's population!

5 comments:

J said...

You must be so excited about the play! And good luck in getting the red head commercial!

Dana Cheryl said...

How fun! It's great that you love what you do. What an interesting experience. It's rare to see more than one redhead at any given time. (Except maybe at your family reunion... :)

Anonymous said...

Redheads UNITE! haha Good luck Starshine :)

Unknown said...

How exciting! Looking forward to hearing more about the play! Oh, and good luck with the commercial too! :)

Funny you mentioned the type-casting, because when my youngest brother used to do a lot of acting and modeling, they'd call him for any "ethnic" character's role. It made me laugh because we're Spanish-Filipino-Caribbean-Chinese, but he'd get calls for auditioning for "Inuit", Chinese, Korean, and all kinds of other roles! The funniest when he was called to audition for the role of Mowgli from the Jungle Book! LOL!

Saucy said...

I think auditions, aside from being nervewracking, would be so interesting! You must see EVERYTHING!