Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tell About a Book You Really Enjoyed


Ladies, get thee to a bookstore or library, and pick up a copy of this novel! (Or buy it online here.)

Warning: You may be up 'til all hours reading, because it is impossible to put this book down.

Set during the days of the California Gold Rush, Francine Rivers beautifully crafts a modern-day retelling of the biblical story of Hosea, whose love for his unfaithful prostitute of a wife just won't quit. (And you thought the Bible didn't have stories like that!) 

Historical fiction meets romance in this heart-gripping story that you won't soon forget. I actually read this book in 2001, and seven years later, the story is still with me. I know a lot of women who have read this book, and every last one of them raves on and on about it! If that's not enough of an endorsement, it has a five star rating on Amazon.

I loved it, and I hope you enjoy it, too!

9 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

I will add this to my library list. Have you read The Red Tent?

Anonymous said...

I read this book several years ago and loved it - could not put it down. I should see if that particular author has more books out! Thanks for the reminder.

J said...

Sounds intriguing, and I'll second mrs. g's love for The Red Tent.

Katie said...

Adding it to library list right now. Ruth a Love Story is a good one too, even my hubby liked it.

Anonymous said...

It really is the best book I've ever read!
Love ya,
Kerith

Anonymous said...

My sister gave it to me to read and I JUST finished it today (what interesting timing you have there dear starshine!)

It was one of the best books I have read and CERTIANLY tops in the Christian Historical Romance Fiction stuff...because I just don't read it-until today. [wink]

Grandy said...

Ooohhh...Thanks for the referral.

Saucy said...

I will take your suggestion gladly. I am a fan of historical fiction and have exhausted the work of Philippa Gregory (The Other Boleyn Girl, etc.) and am looking for a new "fix".

Jennifer Disney said...

One of the best books I've ever read! I WAS up all hours!