Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Innocent Flirtation at a Restaurant

Yesterday, I was at a restaurant--the kind where you stand in line to order your food, then pay, and then take it to a table to sit down and eat. As I was standing in line, a beautiful woman walked through the door with the handsomest guy on her arm. He had strawberry blonde hair and the bluest eyes. I couldn't help but stare.

Not one second later, he looked straight at me, his eyes lit up and he waved at me. He waved. AT ME!

"Is he really waving at me?," I thought. 

A few minutes later, he and the woman he was with got seated at the table. My order was taking forever, so I was still in line. I stole a glimpse over at the table and guess what? Yep! There was Mr. Handsome waving at me.

By this time, the woman couldn't ignore his flagrant flirting with me any longer. She walked directly over to me with him, threw him in my arms, and said, "Here! Take him!"



What can I say? I'm in love with my nephew!

14 comments:

Autumn's Mom said...

And he loves his Auntie! xoxo

Call me Katie said...

That is awesome! I loved this story!

Jill said...

Thank you for naming me the "beautiful woman"! : ) It's true...he really was waving at YOU! Mr. Handsome loves his Tia. This was a cute way to tell that story. I'll be printing it out for his book. Love you.

J said...

What a sweetie! So glad you're living so close now. :)

Ginny said...

You really had me worried for your poor husband there for a minute!!! Precious story!

Katie said...

Oh what an adorable baby!

Brian said...

hmmmmppph!

FGM said...

Love the esposo's response! Great story! Missing you so much!

Tracy said...

Brian...

hahahahahahahahahaha! it looks like a one year old is giving you a run for your money! ;)

you'll always be my number one guy.

xo

Saucy said...

You have the same colouring! Soooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Yup! I'll be able to say "I knew her when" because I wrote you when you first posted the photos of you in your wedding gown. It still ranks up there with one of the most gorgeous I've ever seen...wish I could see it in person, I have an idea the photos don't begin to do it justice (not to mention the sweetie IN it!)xoxo the fan

T@iy@ said...

Best story, ever!

Tricia said...

I LOVED this story and this photo. He's absolutely beautiful!

Cherry said...

Nice! You got the guy.
He is a cutie.

Very cute story.