Friday, August 14, 2009

Thirty-Five!


I turned 35 last week!  I had a wonderful birthday, too.  On my actual birthday day, my mom came over and we spent the day together. She took me out for lunch at an Indian restaurant, and she told me the story of the day I was born. My favorite part is always hearing her tell me that my Dad was so excited he ran up and down the hall at the hospital telling everyone that he had a baby girl!  I love that!

We also talked about what a blessing it is to have a good mother-daughter relationship. I'm so thankful for that and for her.  I love you, Mom!


On Saturday evening, Brian cooked a delicious lasagna dinner for my family and a few friends. I felt very loved and very celebrated!  When Sam came over to my house for the party he was wearing a t-shirt my sister made that said, "I love Tia".  How's that for an awesome nephew!


After dinner, we went outside for a little while to play bocce ball. It was a lot of fun--even Sam thought so!


Finally, we had Baskin-Robbins ice cream cake, and I blew out all my candles!  I feel very blessed with my first 35 years, and I hope this year will be a good one, too--I hope it is the year I'll become a mother.  Every day is a gift from God, and I'm thankful for the gift of life!



7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Happy birthday! My mom told me the story of my birth on my 30th birthday and it was so fun to hear that!

I'm surprised you're 35. I thought you were quite a bit younger than me - I'm 37.

Anyway, have a wonderful 35th year!

Sharon said...

We had a GREAT time celebrating with you! Your hubby is quite the chef!

Autumn's Mom said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday. Sammypooykins is so cute! God Bless you Tracy :)

Ginny said...

Happy birthday sweet Tracy! You look BEAUTIFUL in the picture with precious Sam! You don't look 35, that's for sure. I hope and pray this year you do become a mom, what a wonderful mom you will be to that child that God has for you out there.

Anonymous said...

Well happy belated birthday! You do nottt look 35! That right there is something to celebrate!

Love the 'tia' shirt too.

J said...

Happy belated birthday, and it looks like you are sure thriving in Texas. You look very happy and at peace. And of course, gorgeous as always, and not yet 35.

Good mother relationships are indeed a blessing and a gift. So glad you have that, and that you both cherish it. :)

And a husband who cooks...you have it all.

Saucy said...

Ice cream and Sammy... sounds like the perfect birthday for our friend, Starshine ;)

Have a lovely year, great things are on the way.