Thursday, February 16, 2006

Target-Rich Environment

Hey y'all! Thanks for coming to my blog! This is my first posting, and I've gotta say, it feels good to be writing in cyberspace. I want this blog to be a place where I can express myself authentically, without (too much) censorship, so here goes! What with keeping it real and all, I thought I'd start with a true confession:

My name is Tracy, and I'm a member of eHarmony. It's true. Not only am I writing on the internet, I'm dating here too. My decision to take my social life on-line began about a month ago when my dear high school friend, Amanda, came to visit me here in LA. Amanda is truly an amazing person. She is a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, and has continued to serve our country in the Navy for the last ten years, since her graduation. Amanda is also a dating machine. As we visited, she regaled me with tales of several different men she has dated over the last few years. I could only stand in awe. "Amanda", I asked. "How do you meet these guys? I don't even KNOW that many guys." Her reply: "I work in a target-rich environment." Her words rang in my ears, and I realized that if I was going to get a date with a guy of quality, I was going to have to take action. I know that I will never find the man of my dreams in a bar or at a club. See, my dreamboat has to be a Christian man. And I realized that in all likelihood, I would only find him at church. Well, I live in LA and go to a ginormous church where it is nearly impossible to "mingle" with strangers after the service, and I hate the thought of making church a meet-market (though I also confess I've done that, too!). So I decided to throw my net into the net, to see what kind of fishies I could catch. I've gotta say, I'm not disappointed with the results--sure, you have to throw a few back now and then, but I've also been matched with some really nice guys...one in particular has caught my interest. But that's a story for another posting. Thanks, Amanda, for your inspiration! Target-rich, baby, yeah!

No comments: