Monday, March 06, 2006

The Highest Form of Humor There Is…

My dear family has chosen to love me in spite of the fact that anytime anyone burps, farts, says the words “toot”, “poot”, or “poop”, I fall to the floor and lie there laughing in a puddle of my own pee. Was that too much information? I can’t tell you why, but I will stand firm in my belief that bathroom humor is the funniest there is. I feel sure that when I enter Glory, the Good Lord will confirm that His chief purpose in creating us with the ability to break wind was not to release toxins from our system, but to crack us up. I think He may get the giggles when we poot. Seriously.

To understand more about the nature of poots, I highly recommend the book The Gas We Pass by Shinto Cho. Related recommended reading: Everyone Poops by Taro Gomi.

“Pardon me for being rude. It was not me, it was my food. It just popped up to say hello, and now it's gone back down below.” –Austin Powers, International Man of Mystery, after belching during a romantic scene

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it that bodily functions bring you (and the Lord) so much giggly joy. I also love that me immitating poots gives you the giggles too. Pshhhhh. Ooo, stinky.