Monday, October 02, 2006

Meet Lincee, "The Bachelor" Blogger!

Did anyone watch the season premier of The Bachelor last night? Whether you did or not, I have a new blog for you to check out, but first I must give you a little history.

Lincee is a friend of my sister and me. She has a great personality and a sassy Texan accent to go with it. A few years ago, Lincee started writing hilarious, satirical recaps of each episode of The Bachelor, which she sent out in e-mails to a few friends and family members. Her friends and family thought they were so funny, they forwarded them on to their friends who would ask Lincee to add them to her distribution list. At the end of last year, she had 1000 people on her e-mail distribution list. All those e-mail addresses were too much for dear Lincee to keep up with, so she decided to start recapping each episode on a blog.

She started her blog last season, and after putting up her first post, her blog got 20,000 hits in its first week. By the end of the season, she was getting upwards of 100,000 hits on her blog each week! One of her regular commentors was the show's host, who somehow tracked her down and invited her out to LA to sit in the studio audience of The Bachelor Tells All episode. Oh, and did I mention that Lincee is my friend??? I'm friends with a blog celebrity!!!

Here's a pic of Lincee when she came out to Hollywood at the end of last season's The Bachelor to see the taping of "The Bachelor Tells All".


So for a fun read and a good laugh, check out this season's first post at The Bachelor Recaps!

7 comments:

J said...

Very cool! How would it be to get that many hits in a day....I'll never know. ;)

Anonymous said...

Tracy,

You are too much! Thanks for the shout out on your blog. I come here every day to see what you are up to. Such an inspiration.

Love ya mean it,
Lincee

Autumn's Mom said...

Very cool, I don't watch but maybe I will this time around. I'm going to check her blog now.

Cb22 said...

I'm doing well. My PC died and with it my blogging as entertainment. Sorry I never replied for so long. School is so so so busy. I wake up running and come home sleepy... its great. (Graduation eta 4 months)

emily said...

thanks for putting this up! I was just looking for her blog after last night's episode! I was one of the people who got her emails forwarded years ago from a friend who got them. So excited to read them again!

calvierude said...

Nice Blog dear!!! This show stars a hunk of a man that is loaded with money, good looks, charm and confidence and about two dozen women who are all dying for his affection, love and attention. I love this show and specially main character, You wanna watch this show then go ahead and download 7Th Heaven Episodes for free from here...

hilary said...

Nice Blog!!!!! I like this show very much.... I missed some episodes of the show that's why i m not discussing But i have Download The Bachelor site so i hope i would get all the episodes with Best quality.