Sunday, November 12, 2006

Know Thyself Meme

One of my blog buddies, Cherry over at Cherry Extract, tagged me for this meme. Thanks, Cherry! I feel like I got picked by one of the cool kids in gym class to be on their team for dodgeball. Sweet!

As Socrates once said, "The unexamined life is not worth living." So this was a good opportunity to do a quick self-examination. Not always fun, but nearly always good.

What is/are YOUR:

Easy how-to ways to beat a bad mood? Hmmm. I’m not sure they are easy, but I tend to do any of the following, not necessarily in this order:
-Call someone. I’m a verbal processor, so it often helps me to talk my emotions/the situation at hand through with someone I trust and who loves me. eSuitor, my mom, my sister and a few close friends (and sometimes all of the above) receive phone calls from an emotional Tracy from time to time.
-I find that getting outside and taking a nice, long walk is a great way to blow off some steam.
-Cry it out: always a good stress-reliever. The bathroom stalls of my office have witnessed more than one of these mini-meltdowns. It’s a good thing.
-Pray. I wish I would remember to do this one first, but usually it happens last. Funny how the Person Who created me might just be able to comfort me when I bring my struggles and burdens and my emotional self to Him. Hmmm. Why isn’t this the first thing on my list? I guess I’m a slow learner.

Never-fail lip color? Mary Kay “Passion Flower” lip gloss. It is the perfect pink with a hint of orange that just seems to work with my “autumn” color scheme and fair coloring. I can wear it all year round.

Personality type (via myersbriggs)? I am an ENFP—that would be Extrovert, iNtuitive, Feeling, and Perceiving. One of the coolest things about eSuitor is that he knows all about the Myers-Briggs test, so whenever I do or say something that is a little off his radar screen, he’ll say something like, “You’re such an ‘N’”. It’s nice because even though, I don’t always make sense to him, he really accepts me for who I am. I love that!

Greatest strengths and weaknesses (like in a job interview)?
Strengths:
-Creative
-I see the big picture
-Good interpersonal skills
-Responsible/dependable.

Weaknesses:
-Not a good multi-tasker
-Not particularly detail-oriented
-Criticism (even the constructive kind) can be very hard for me to hear. I think it comes with feeling things deeply. I tend to take criticism very personally. I do listen to it and take it very much to heart. It’s just an internal struggle that I hope isn’t too evident to the person that is trying to help me with their comments.
-If the words “tedious”, “highly analytical”, or “engineering skills” are part of the job description, you probably (definitely) don’t want to hire me for this job.

Names of the trees in your yard?
I don’t have a yard, but when I look out my window, I see a palm, and I feel oh so “California”.


Mother-in-law'’s favorite flower?
I’m not married (yet!!!). However, I feel 99.9% sure that eSuitor knows what his mom’s favorite flower is. So if she becomes my MIL someday, he can give me the 4-1-1.

I'm not sure how often he checks in at The Star Shine Report, but if you're reading, I tag The Cachinnator to do this meme next! Somehow, I think he would have some fun answers to these questions.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crying out loud does make it all better! That and a nice warm 30 minute shower. :)

Anonymous said...

A Verbal Processor huh? Me too! I never had a term for it, but that is so me. Thanks for giving it a name.

And thank you for doing the MeMe. I hope you enjoyed it, and I'd totally pick you to be on my dodgeball team.

J said...

Great answers. :) I kinda wonder WHO would sign up for a job with a description of "Tedious"? Maybe the guy with the red stapler from Office Space?

Anonymous said...

My Never-fail lip color is "Elle Woods Pink"

Sharon said...

Tracy,

Thanks for the inspiration - see www.grabthefish.blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

Crying always helps me, but I have to do it alone with no one to hear for miles. Those are the best! Great meme!