Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Remembering Pete

I received sad news today that one of my former co-workers, Peter Robert Bunning, passed away earlier this month. He was only 30 years old.

Pete and I worked together for about a year. He was an electrical engineer and very good at his job. Although we only worked together for a short time, he definitely made an impression. I will remember Pete for his warmth, his smile and his wonderful sense of humor. He was passionate about salsa dancing, and I would sometimes catch him in the break room practicing his footwork, which was totally endearing. The man could dance! Because of him, several of us from work would go out dancing together, which made for a fun camaraderie among coworkers. 

Pete won me over immediately with his kindness. My nickname for him was "Sweet Pete".

I'll miss you, Pete. Your kindness, your smile, your sense of humor, and your love of life and dancing endeared you to me and to many. Your life touched me and made a difference in me for the better, and I am honored and glad that I knew you.

4 comments:

J said...

So sorry for your loss. And what a lovely tribute to a great guy.

Sharon said...

He was a special type of sunshine. There is a hole in the world now.

Crystal Gable said...

This is so sad. He just looks caring. Keep your chin up.

Unknown said...

Hi, Starshine!
Sorry to hear about your loss. What a wonderful way to remember your friend :) He sounds like he was a great person. I'm sure he was honoured to have known you too :)