Sunday, April 20, 2008

"R" is for Rollerblades!

I have always loved roller skating. I remember the kind I had when I was really little. Plastic things that I strapped on over my sneakers. Then I graduated to white leather lace-ups. Then I got the groovy sneaker skates with a toe stop. Finally, my junior year in high school, I got rollerblades!  I LOVED them and skated on them for about a decade. I went through several sets of wheels and ball bearings with them. And then, about 2 and a half years ago, I lost them. They just disappeared, and I have no idea where they went. 

I really missed them because they are such a fun form of exercise, so for Christmas, I asked for a gift card to Sports Authority (thanks, Mom!). Finally, on Friday, I went and used my gift card to buy myself a new pair. They are so cute...light gray with lavender accents.

Thank you, Mom, for my new skates!  :)  I look forward to integrating rollerblading back into my exercise regime again. It's hard to find a good place to go in my urban So Cal neighborhood, but I'm thinking that Saturdays on the boardwalk at the beach sound just about perfect!

5 comments:

J said...

WAY FUN! Yay to you, and yay to mom! What a great gift. Enjoy!

Aliaschick said...

Sweet! If I ever get out there to visit, I'll bring my blades and we can skate together just like old times.

michael and abby said...

Tracy
If you come to Huntington to skate on the weekends, be sure to stop by the volley ball courts on the south side of the peir- Michael and I are usually not to far away!
Love your blog girl!
Love
Abby

Pam said...

Hi Abby! We'd love to meet up with you at the beach!

I can't wait to see your blog... ;)

Cherry said...

Hmmm, maybe we'll have to bring our skates along when we come down there in July. I haven't put them on for years. I can ice skate but the wheels tend to land my on my rump.