Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Mom, it's your first Mother's Day as a grandmother!  So how do I say it?  Happy Mother's Day Squared?  ;)  Seriously, I am so blessed with the close bond that we have.  You are a dear friend and a wonderful mom, and I love you un monton!

Jilly, it's your very first Mother's Day as a mom!  Congratulations!  Sam is one well-loved baby boy with a fabulous mother in you.  You're a natural, and I'm very proud of you.  I love you, Sissy!

This is also a very special year because it is my first time to have a mother-in-law on Mother's Day.  Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mother-in-law, J.  I treasure our relationship, and I'm so happy I get along so well with my MIL!!! 

And Happy Mother's Day to my other mother-in-law, A! (Because Hubs is adopted, I have two MILs!!!).  We are looking forward to seeing you in less than a month now!

I also have a Fairy Godmother!  I love you Meribeth!

And then there's my spiritual mother, Laura.  She mentored me in my faith during my high school years.  Then, about 10 years later, we were co-workers in Spain.  She was one of my bridesmaids when I got married, and continues to be my dear friend.  I love you, Laura!

What wonderful women God has placed in my life!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was thinking today about how I have loved making a home with Hubs, and I definitely get my nesting instincts from my mom.  Whenever I go to my Mom's house, I love the way it feels so cozy and inviting.  Today, Mom sent me these two photos of how she just rearranged the outdoor furniture on her back patio.  See what I mean? I wish I were there to share a lemonade with her for Mother's Day!


3 comments:

J said...

I'd like to have a lemonade there, too!

Yay for all of the moms and mom figures in your life. What a blessing.

Autumn's Mom said...

Very cozy! You are so lucky to have great women in your life :)

Deb said...

It would be so nice to lounge on that patio. It looks so very cozy and relaxing and lemonade drinking-esque. :)