Wednesday, October 01, 2008

¿Como se dice "Warm Fuzzies" en Español?

As we prepare to head to Spain, my heart is feeling so full. My friends have been writing me e-mails in anticipation of our visit, and each one reminds me of why I love that country so much.

Their e-mails begin with the salutation "Muy querida" (dearly loved) and end with "Saludos muy cariñosos" (very caring greetings).  It is a culture of emotionally available people, who tell you how they feel about you, how they love you, and what you mean to them.

It is no wonder my Spanish amigas are some of the closest that I have. It is no wonder that my year there was one of the richest times I've ever spent in a community of friends. So I suppose that it really shouldn't be a wonder that my heart is swelling with joy to be back in the presence of such dear friends in less than a week now!

6 comments:

J said...

I love that openness, and the loving spirit that it shows. I hope you and Hubs have a WONDERFUL time. :)

Mrs. G. said...

Take lots of pictures. I am so excited for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Warm Fuzzies. We love those in our house altho a little different than the ones you are experiencing. At the beginning of each school yr the counselor visits each classroom and reads a story about warm fuzzies and then hands one to each kid. When they miss their mommies or are having a hard day, they can hold their warm fuzzies. Isn't that sweet?

Have so much fun!!!

Love ya, Kerith

Cherry said...

Ohh! It sounds like you are going to have such a great time. How special it must be to be able to take Hubby back with you to share your friends with him.

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Ooooooooooooh! I am soooo excited for you! Sounds like you are going to have an amazing time! I've always wanted to go to Spain. My uncle is from Malaga and he and my aunt live in Spain for half the year. It's a destination that has always been on my list of places to visit.

My mom's culture (Filipino culture) is somewhat influenced by the Spanish. I love my mom's culture for their zest for life, their openness, accommodating friendliness. They sure do know how to live with what they have :) I love that.

You are truly blessed to have such wonderful friends too! Can't wait to hear about your trip!! Less than a week from now, eh? WOW! So exciting!!! XOXO

Dana Cheryl said...

I'm already looking forward to all the great posts to come! I've never considered Spain in my traveling in the past. However that has all changed. You should work for their tourism cabinet! lol