Friday, November 14, 2008

Rainy Day


Instructions for a rainy day:

~Let the sound of the rain drops serenade you as you sleep in as long as you want to.

~Stay in your pajamas all day. Coziness is the goal.

~Pop a favorite movie in and enjoy it with some popcorn.

~Curl up with a good book. If you have a fire place, by all means!

~If you must be industrious, organize all those photos you've been meaning to get to and start putting them in albums! It's so much fun to get those albums out to share with your friends.

~Soup. Warm, comforting soup.

~Call a friend who will be happy for you that you're still in your pajamas at 3pm.

~If you start to feel guilty for any lack of productivity, tell that voice of yours to save it for a rainy day...er, you know what I mean.

~Enjoy the restfulness of a day indoors. Rainy days are God's way of telling us its okay to chill!

Note: If you live in Southern California or other arid climes where rainy days don't come very often, you may have to schedule a "rainy day" on your calendar, just 'cuz.

12 comments:

J said...

How I love a rainy day! We've had a few already this year. Sigh. I especially love sleeping with the sound of rain outside my window.

No rain right now, huh? Those crazy Santa Anas are making it kinda hot for this time of year. They're not called Santa Anas up here, but we get them as well (thankfully not the gusts, just the warmth), and it's supposed to be almost 80 today and tomorrow. Freaky.

Mrs. G. said...

We have no shortage of rainy days in Seattle. I just wish they'd let me wear my flannel pjs to work.

Laura said...

When you grow up in Nevada, rainy days are like gifts from Heaven.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to have a rainy day today! but I was a good girl and got up for work. I hope I get one here soon!! I hope you do too. I have a present for you..come see.

Cherry said...

I'm a weird one and don't actually like the rainy days. I mean I totally like quiet days indoors and curling up with a book, but not a fan of the wet stuff. Although not a fan of drought either.

Nina said...

Your rainy day plan sounds very tempting and relaxing.

Shame it's rarely workable when you have children. ;)

Anonymous said...

Southern California here. I'll have to schedule one apparently. It's 93 here today. Don't think the rain wants to make an appearance any time soon. Some of us would sure enjoy having a "winter." Sigh.

Katie said...

OH! We have had two whole days with out rain and I am beside myself with glee.

P.S.
I usually stay in my p.j's all day. :)

Dana Cheryl said...

You paint a beautiful picture of a rainy day. We don't get a lot of 'em here but I will definitely schedule one! :)

dharmamama said...

Today was actually a real rainy day here! So your prompt was right on time. Off to curl up with my book, listening to the rain!

Call me Katie said...

I love this post! There are very few rainy days in Lubbock, but when there are, this is exactly what I want to do.

Saucy said...

Up here, same rules apply: it's called a snow day.