Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Seeing Friends in California

Of course, one of the real treats of our So Cal vacation was getting to reconnect with some dear friends. Two of my closest friends that I made while living in LA were these two ladies, both named Jennifer.  :)  Jenn (on the left) is an awesome friend who just collected a masters degree in counseling on her way to completing a doctorate!  I'm very proud of her dedication to achieving her goals. Jen Disney (on the right) is my amazing and talented photographer friend. We are a couple of goofy gals when we get together. It's like our inner children come out to play. I think we connect because we both have artistic spirits. Check out her amazing wedding photography website here.


We were also able to meet up with our adorable friends Dave and Liz. Tell me they aren't precious:


We met in a small group through our church, and just hit it off from the get go!  Liz is also an actress, and it has been fun supporting each other as we share a similar life path.

I am always amazed by friendships that are able to pick up right where they left off. That is what I have in my friendship with Liz. It was so great to sit across the table from them and have really great fellowship over a two hour lunch after not having seen each other for the past five months.

We had a few other meet-ups with friends while we were in town, but these are the only ones for which I have photos. It was really great to see everyone! 

"...a sweet friendship refreshes the soul." ~Proverbs 27:9

1 comment:

J said...

So glad you got to come home and connect with some friends. :) It looks like a lovely vacation!