Sunday, November 15, 2009

Joey

Today at church, something special happened. A young woman told me that God brought an image to her mind that pertained to me. The image was of a baby kangaroo in its mother's pouch. The baby was looking up at it's mom.

It was more encouraging to me than that young woman will ever know. Somewhere out there, a baby is probably growing in another woman's womb, and for some reason unknown to me, that mother won't be able to raise that baby, and I will become that baby's mom.

Walking through the adoption process, there are so many hoops to jump through and then so much waiting that, at times, it doesn't even feel "real". The process can become so long that I sometimes have to remind myself that it really will result in a little human being who will one day call me "Mama". It really will happen!

I'm happy that God sent me an encouraging reminder today that a baby "roo" will one day be looking up at me and we'll be connecting as mother and child....and I will be looking back down with so much love in my heart.

Time will stand still in that precious moment, and I'll look up at my Heavenly Father and say "Thank You", and those words will not come close to adequately expressing the overflowing fountain of gratitude springing forth in my soul. But He knows me inside and out, and He'll know just what I mean.

1 comment:

Autumn's Mom said...

I love moments like that. I get them too. God loves us so much!!!