Friday, September 02, 2011

Return: This Time Last Year

On this day last year, Brian and I were two days into parenthood. We were in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia falling in love with our sons! 

Two days earlier, on August 30, 2010, our sons were placed in our arms, and we were so full of joy! 




It's amazing that we've been together already for a year! This year, to celebrate one year together as a family, we had a cookie cake that said "Happy J & Z Day!"



We are so blessed to get to be parents to our wonderful sons!

1 comment:

J said...

Yay to this last year of parenting love! There are so many wonderful kinds of love, but parenting love is a whole new kind, huh?

I esp love the picture of you and Jeremy, studying each other. I know the transition was more difficult on him than on Zach. In this picture, you look like you're eating him up with your eyes, memorizing him. That's how I felt with Maya when she was new to me...like I wanted to learn every bit of her. Such a sweet time.