Thursday, November 16, 2006

Readin', Readin', Readin'

J at Thinking About...recently wrote this post, which she first read about here.

It is a challenge to read five books that have been piling up on your bedside table by the end of January. I've decided to join in, and I'll be writing reviews of them as I go. Click on the titles, if you'd like more info on each book.

These are my five choices:

The Intimate Mystery by Dan B. Allender and Tremper Longman III

The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey

For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn

Dave Barry's Complete Guide to Guys by Dave Barry

The Life of Our Lord by Charles Dickens (my holiday reading)

I'd write more, but I've got some reading to do!

4 comments:

Beenzzz said...

Sounds like a great list! I wonder what Dave Barry's book is going to say.....let me know! :)

ML said...

Yeah! I'm doing this too! Great list of books.

Cherry said...

I have such a stack of books on my bedside table, but I know I'll never get through them for the challenge, so I'm not gonna try.

But I do have a differnt book on there called "For Women Only" but it's by a different author.

J said...

Somehow I missed this when you signed up! I'm glad you're participating, though you'd better get hopping! ;) That's why these challenges exist, I guess, to get us hopping. I've read more in the last month than probably in the 3 months before!