Saturday, April 21, 2007

The Restaurant Meme

J at "Thinking About" tagged me to do this meme. This will be a fun exercise for me, because I have definitely lived in LA long enough to eat at some terrific restaurants!

Here are the rules:

1. Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you. Include the state and country you’re in.
Nicole (Sydney, Australia)
velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia (London, England)
ML (Utah, USA)
J (California, USA)
Starshine (California, USA)

2. List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location (locally). Some of these are really nice, special occassion type place. Others are good date places. While others are inexpensive staples.

Cafe Flore - My favorite little restaurant in Beverly Hills. When I first moved to Los Angeles, my mom, sister, and I discovered this fabulous restaurant. It is owned and run by French staff. I would describe the food at Franco-Californian. Every dish I've ever tried there has been delicious. The prices are reasonable, and the ambience is quaint and tres French! I really like the lentil soup, the fresh fruit platter, the veggies julienne, and the raviolis. The artwork on the walls of the Eiffel Tower and the Moulin Rouge let you imagine, if only for a moment, that you are dining in Paris. Be sure to check out the ladies room when you go. It has the most adorable signs on the wall that read, "Ooo La La" and "It's all about moi"!

The Restaurant at The Getty Center - The Getty Center in Los Angeles has a cafe (cafeteria style) and a lovely gourmet restaurant. I'm talkin' about the restaurant. This place has special significance for me because eSuitor took me here on our fifth (yes, I counted) date. The Getty Center is a free-admission art museum and garden. Parking is $7. Upon arriving at the Getty, eSuitor informed me that he had made lunch reservations for us at the restaurant. I told him how thoughtful and generous that was of him, and his response was, "Tracy, it's part of the full Getty experience.... I'm not going to bring you to a place like this and then buy you a burger." Holy Yum!--both the food and the company. Succulent lamb on my plate and delectible eye candy sitting across from me. Mmm, mmm, MMM! Don't forget to make reservations!

A view of the Getty Center from the gardens.

La Vie En Rose - A lovely special occasion/romantic dinner restaurant in Brea (North Orange County). eSuitor took me here for my birthday dinner, which was also the night he became my hero. The food was incredible-I had a filet mignon with mashed potatoes and asparagas. The atmosphere romantic. An accordian player meandered through the restaurant. I really hope we can go back there one day under, ahem, less gassy cirmcumstances.


Oui, oui! Tres romantique!

IHOP - eSuitor and I have a weekend tradition of eating out for breakfast. I love it! My favorited dish is the Pancake Combo: Harvest Grain 'n' Nut pancakes, egg white scramble, and two strips of bacon. Yessiree!

Ole! - A rockin' tapas bar in Studio City. Candle lit atmosphere with lively music. Artwork of Spanish scenes. They really captured the essence of Spain here. The tapas are off the hook, and the sangria ain't bad either! This is a great place to have a lengthy conversation, as you linger through a lovely evening of good company and good food.

A mural of the running of the bulls hanging in "Ole!"

3. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged.

Sharon in Texas

The Cachinnator, because I really want to read about the cuisine in Waco, TX.

Buttercup in New York City (when she returns from India)

Anyone else who is interested! I'm having a hard time thinking about which of my blog buddies have already done this one. :)






4 comments:

J said...

You've made me want to try every single one of these places! ACK! I have a friend whose water broke at an I-Hop, so I never can think of it any other way, now. ;)

I think I'm especially drawn to the French restaurant and the tapas place. I've only been to a tapas restaurant once, but BOY was it good.

Great meme, thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

I'm getting such a travel bug reading about all these wonderful restaurants around the globe. Thanks for the list. Now all I have to do is get to L.A.!!!

ML said...

Did someone say tapas? I'm so there! What great restaurants! And all the food sounds so delicious.

The gardens are just beautiful. I can't begin to imagine how better it must be in real life.

Beenzzz said...

I'm blushing here, but I have yet to try tapas. Yes, I am a dork! All your restaurant choices look awesome and I do go to IHOP now and then. :)