Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thoughts from the very top o' the morning

Last night, I got together with a group of Texas friends that meets once every other week to discuss a book. I didn't read the chapter, but I was really in the mood be with people last night, so I went anyway. As it turns out, the hostess of the group was leaving to go out of town early this morning, so she was back in her bedroom packing during the group discussion. Since I didn't have anything to contribute to the discussion, I went back to her room and we had two hours of much-needed girl talk. My one major missing puzzle piece out here in LA is girl friends! So whenever I get the chance to connect with another woman and have a heart-to-heart, it is like water to my soul!

After the group finished their discussion of the book, several people stayed to watch American Idol and LOST on TiVO. I have to say that I was rather sad that Sanjaya was voted off Idol. He won me over with his quirky personality. I became so intrigued each week at his wonderful ablility to be himself. His voice may not have been the best one on the show (although it was still a good voice), but I couldn't resist his reinvented hairdos each week. Or his smile. Proof that accepting and being yourself is a powerful gift to the world. I much prefer an underdog with quirks to a polished "cool" with no depth to one's personality. His tears at the end of the show were beautiful.

Needless to say, I got home late last night, and fell into my comfy bed. I love my memory foam pillow! I awoke this morning with that wonderful feeling of restedness and continued to lay there for another half hour, drifting in and out of consciousness--and thinking that the wonderful sense of rest that I felt in my bed is the same way I feel in my relationship with eSuitor. Thank You, Lord, for the precious gifts You give! Thank You, also, for the rest and peace I find in You.

Have a great day, y'all!

6 comments:

Autumn's Mom said...

You are an old softy. I'm a little sad about your comment that there aren't enough girlfriends in LA. I don't know what I'd do without my Gal Pals!

J said...

Sanjaya looks just enough like pictures of my DH as a teenager, that if I watched AI, I would have been rooting for him. :)

ML said...

I must say, when Sanjaya started crying, I got a bit teary eyed myself. Those were honest tears.

Beenzzz said...

Hey, weren't you guys just saying that you were glad he was gone over on Dot's blog? I don't watch American Idol, but have seen a lot about Sanjaya in the media to think that he is a sweet kid. I think it's great to have Indians popping up in American media other than a stereo-typical Apu from the Simpsons.

ML said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ML said...

I'm glad he's gone because he's not a good singer, in my opinion. However, he did shed some honest tears and he does seem like a sweet kid. I'm sure his strengths lie elsewhere.