Monday, June 30, 2008

Our First Anniversary

Today is Hubs' and my first wedding anniversary. I can't believe how quickly this year passed!

To celebrate, we decided to take a weekend getaway to Dana Point and Disneyland/California Adventure. 


It was fun and very relaxing. On Sunday morning, we had breakfast on the patio of our hotel that overlooked the ocean, and it made us reminiscent of our breakfasts at the Princeville Hotel in Kaua'i overlooking Hanalei Bay.  Not quite the same, but a very nice reminder, nonetheless.


As we sat, we reflected on our first year together. Our first year has been a mix of joy and sorrow. We have had a lot to celebrate and to grieve. While the joyful times are great, it is in trying times when you see what your marriage is really made of. I'm so thankful for my husband. My biggest hope in finding a husband was that he would be a man of character and integrity, and is Hubs ever made of sturdy stuff! He has been a rock of support for me, a compassionate ear to listen, and a safe place of refuge. 

I love you, sweetie! Happy Anniversary! 


This year has been quite a ride, but there's no one else with whom I'd rather journey through life.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Tracy and Brian! You two certainly know how to eek the most out of life! You make my heart smile.
CONGRATULATIONS! I love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

Isn't that lovely! Happy Anniversary. My second one is in two weeks, so you're not far behind.

J said...

Happy Anniversary! So happy that you found each other. :)

Autumn's Mom said...

awww Happy Anniversary! I hope you have many many more to come :)

Jennifer Disney said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Cheers to you and to the years to come!

Brian said...

Yes, this year has been quite a journey, hasn't it, sweetie.

There's no one else I'd rather be with either baby. Happy Anniversary.xoxo

lex said...

happy anniversary! you guys are ADORABLE.

Cherry said...

Ahhh!
Happy Anniversary you two!

Beenzzz said...

Happy Anniversary to a beautiful couple!

canknitian said...

Happy anniversary!

Laura said...

Happy anniversary!! :)