Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Carve their initials on your heart

If you have read this blog at all over the past year, it is no secret to you that I loved everything about being a bride. One of my readers told me that my status as "bride" would last, according to tradition, an entire year. I think it's safe to say that I relished my bridal status for every bit of that year! Now that I've had my first wedding anniversary, I decided to take down my big wedding picture masthead. Hubs told me that I'll be his bride for the rest of our lives, so I'm still gonna leave several wedding pics on my sidebar slideshow.  :)

Lately, I've been enjoying doing art and craft projects a bit more, so I decided to create my new masthead using watercolor paints. It is inspired by a proverb I read and just loved :

Don't lose your grip on Love and Loyalty.
Tie them around your neck; 
carve their initials on your heart.
Earn a reputation for living well
in God's eyes and the eyes of the people.

It was so refreshing to see it written so plainly that Love and Loyalty are two virtues required for living well. 

In addition to my regular entries about my daily life, I've decided to pepper my blog this month with posts telling stories of Love and Loyalty. When you think of Love and Loyalty, what comes to mind?

6 comments:

Cari said...

Sounds like we are taking the same Cali tour!! hehehe!! Hope all is well. You have been in my prayers! XO!

J said...

I think of my husband, who is always always always there for me, and always on my side. I love that about him. ;)

Autumn's Mom said...

I stopped by and then got embarrassed like I had come to the wrong blog! haha I like your new masthead.

Unknown said...

I love the new look of the blog :) I was surprised when I stopped in and didn't see your radiant faces from your wedding photo!

When I think of Love and Loyalty, I think of my husband :)

Cherry said...

Aww! I love the new masthead. Did you paint it and scan it in? Very loverly!

BTW - it was WONDERFUL to see you both today! What a very special way to end my vacation.

Am I terrible that my first thought of Love and Loyalty isn't my husband? It's my friends. (I include my husband to be the top of that list of course!)

Tracy said...

Cherry,

It was awesome to see you, too! For some reason, my cell phone won't let me e-mail my photo to my Flickr acct, so I can't post it to my blog. :(

I actually painted my masthead and then took a photo of it. Glad you like it! :)

Have a great week, and lots of love to you and your ADORABLE E!